As the modern world is very much obsessed with beauty, there have been many enhancement therapies to treat beauty related problems. People who were annoyed to go for surgical procedures have been aided by the advent of some non-surgical procedures that offer excellent outcomes. One such treatment is Collagen Induction Therapy or Micro-Needling which is an outstanding remedy for different skin issues like scars, wrinkles, pigments, and stretch marks. The collagen induction therapy before and after results are proof of the effectiveness of this treatment and hence this therapy is widely used by the people.
What is Micro-Needling?
- Also known as Collagen Induction Therapy, Micro-needling is an FDA-approved non-invasive procedure that is employed to revive skin issues. It enhances the surface of the skin by decreasing fine lines, enlarged pores, wrinkles, and acne spots. The treatment is reliant on the skin’s natural capability to restore itself every time it has a physical injury like cuts, burns, and other skin issues. The micro-needling device is rolled or moved across the skin making tiny punctures on the surface and creates micro-injuries. The skin releases many growth factors in response to the injury triggering new collagen development.
- This process efficiently inspires the formation of collagen and also delivers a clear way for rejuvenating agents to be easily absorbed via the surface of the skin. As the body gets stimulated to this healing process with a series of micro-needling treatments, it repairs the skin naturally. There are some other treatments like chemical peels or laser treatments, but this micro-needling delivers excellent results without side effects. Once smooth and younger-looking skin is achieved, the same results can be maintained by regular treatments. While most commonly used on the face, it can also help restore the skin on the neck, hands, and chest.
The procedure is done in a sterile and customized way with the use of a disposable tip that is precise for every patient. A topical numbing or anesthetic cream is applied to the treatment area to avoid any discomfort. The use of serums and healing gels are done with expert advice during and after the procedure. The entire procedure is usually finished within 30-60 minutes depending on the vital treatment and the area size. New skin appears around 4 weeks after the procedure that may last up to two years depending on the care and skin type. This treatment is best suited for people with fine lines and wrinkles that are less to moderate intensity. It will aid them in improving conditions of stretch marks, scarring, and pigment lesions. It is also suggested for those who are not ideal candidates for surgical procedures or fillers. A unique specialty of this feature is its possibility to achieve the best results without an overdone look.
Important Facts About Collagen Induction Therapy:
- The automatic vibrating operation of the micro-needling device enhances the response of skin to future skin treatments by enhancing the absorption capability of products along with a reduction in discomfort.
- This treatment is majorly used with the idea of promoting new collagen production for generating new skin tissue for the firm, smooth, and toned skin. It also helps in restoring the enlarged pores, acne, and surgery marks effectively.
- Micro-needling is majorly used for treating the skin on the face for treating the above issues. They are also used to treat issues on the neck, chest, and hands with expert advice and specific skin types.
- This treatment is non-surgical and safe for the majority of people who have good health. Still, you may have to discuss all your medical issues and previous skin treatments for optimal results.
- The downtime of this treatment is very minimal. There will be minor swelling or redness for a few days that will gradually fade off after the procedure.
- This procedure is not suggested if you have any active acne or undergoing any other skin treatment if you are pregnant or nursing. It is important to discuss all the active medications that you are taking for any skin treatments.
- Many results are effective for treating the skin response to water compounds in topical face products. Some people may have an issue of enlarged pores that leads to significant water loss. Even though the micro-needling procedure creates some perforations, it will help the skin to absorb the products accurately, making them more impactful.
- Collagen Induction Therapy is fast and convenient. Total preparation and treatment are only around a couple of hours when done in reliable aesthetic clinics with experienced supervision.
- Micro-needling will provide you glowing, firmer skin, and desired results are achieved after several sessions. The majority of individuals achieve the results in four sessions but the results and healing times may differ, as every skin type is unique.
- If you are looking to reduce the appearance of acne scars and stretch marks naturally, this may be the treatment that can work beautifully for you. Even though laser treatments and chemical peels provide the same results, they have the risk of some side effects.
After the micro-needling procedure, your skin will be more sensitive for some days. You may have a bit of redness and swelling similar to the effects of skin burn for a couple of days. Some rare situations also have reported bleeding issues but it is not common in regular cases where effects subside in a few days. As the skin will be sensitive when it is under the healing mode, the key to a successful outcome is to make use of gentle skin products. And follow the suggested guidelines.
Micro-needling treatments produce micro-injuries to the skin to boost and utilize the natural ability of the body to rejuvenate itself naturally. Contact Glow Laser and Beauty Center that offers state-of-the-art aesthetic treatments with a board-certified dermatologist, cosmetic surgeon, or plastic surgeon. A look at the collagen induction therapy before and after images showcases their ability to rejuvenate the skin by providing accurate treatment.