A facelift is an aesthetic procedure (surgery) that focuses on offering a refreshing and youthful appearance to the patient’s face. Even though facelift surgery is considered to be comparatively harmless, some kinds of complications and risks are present in all surgical procedures. With the advent of technology, there is the availability of other modern options in a facelift to suit your requirements. Keep reading below to know more.
About traditional facelift:
In a traditional facelift, there will be a formation of incision in the front portion of the ear, reaching up to the hair or hairline and also behind the ear into the scalp. The skin will be lifted off the deeper facial features, slowly pulling the muscles and fat in a rising path to eliminate the excess skin leading to stiffening of the deeper facial tissues. These incisions are closed carefully by the experts with sutures and staples as per the requirements. There may be the placement of drain under the skin behind the ear for a couple of days, to allow the removal of any extra blood and fluids. Care will be taken to apply the bandages carefully.
- A facelift focuses to develop a smooth and more youthful appearance by eliminating and stiffening the sagging skin.
- Decreases the effect of cheek drop around the jawline.
- Works on lifting the corners of the mouth.
- Decreases the wrinkles between the lips and cheek region.
Is traditional facelift effective?
Even though it has achieved positive results, along with the added expensive costs, it comes with risks like:
- It may be tough to achieve a natural look, especially in men after the surgery, as there will be a presence of hair in front of their ears. The pulling of sideburns in a backward /upward direction can give an awkward look.
- A facelift can cause imbalanced earlobes in both men and women.
- The face can appear to be pulled back in the case of excess skin removal.
- For ideal results, a patient might have the requirement of other extra procedures such as eyelid surgery, neck lift, fat injection, liposuction, elimination of cheek fat, brow lift, chemical or laser peel, forehead lift, and cheek or chin implants.
- Comes with additional risks such as bleeding, blood clots, infection, risks of anesthesia, cardiac problems, pain, scarring, hair loss at the target regions, extended swelling, and issues with wound healing.
- There are chances of additional bleeding to be developed under the skin, causing severe marks, discomfort, and swelling which is more than normal bruising. Termed as Hematoma, patients are always suggested to keep your doctor in the loop and consult them immediately in the time of need.
- Extended or severe discomfort, swelling, and redness around the incision region may be signs of an infection. As mentioned earlier, this calls for an immediate visit to the doctor even if you are taking prescribed pills.
- There are chances of injury to facial nerves during the surgery causing numbness or restrictions in movement. Even though this effect is considered temporary, there are chances of risks.
What is Vampire Facelift?
Vampire facelift is a treatment that takes a person’s blood to generate platelet-rich plasma (PRP). The process employs hyaluronic acid (HA) and platelet-rich plasma (PRP) which has proven benefits to give a youthful glow, smooth and bright skin, reducing the fine lines and wrinkles, and offering a younger-looking skin naturally. It can eliminate the sag in the skin triggered by weight loss or aging. This non-surgical procedure supports your skin to be more elastic, smooth, and firm.
How does it work?
- Vampire facelift begins with a focus on contouring and sculpting the natural profile of the face. It is achieved by enhancing and lifting the saggy skins by employing Hyaluronic Acid (HA) fillers. It is administered carefully as per the target region features to give a younger and natural look without any adverse effects. This is a crucial aspect of the vampire facelift that is not present in any other facial procedures.
- Once the injection of hyaluronic acid (HA) filler is completed and it settles, the doctor will accumulate around two teaspoons of blood from the vein in the arm of the patients. This accumulated blood will then be sent to the next to get the key components.
- As blood is spun in a centrifugal machine, there will be extraction of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) with a procedure of around 10 mins. Your specialist doctor will activate the platelets to stimulate the growth factors that are naturally employed by the human body during its process of injury healing. These platelet-rich plasma and stem cells employ the natural healing abilities of the body for various reasons. Here, they are used to stimulate the skin for its rejuvenation, enhance the production of collagen and enhance the flow of blood. Experts will use the concentrated form of blood to start doing wonders.
- The next step in the process is the last and crucial one where the activated growth factors are administered into the target region. This is achieved by your expert doctors by using a small needle and use of numbing cream. The use of numbing cream will negate any minor discomfort during the procedure. This causes the body to be responsive as there is an injury and leads to rejuvenation.
While there are several unparalleled benefits of Vampire facelift, you must take care to select a qualified and expert doctor to perform the job. If you are looking to reap the benefits of a Vampire facelift, then you must always decide on your doctor only after verifying the reputation, experience, and qualification of that person. The professionals in Glow Laser and Beauty Centre have extensive years of experience in aesthetics, aiding several patients to appear younger. When these fruitful years of experience are combined with advanced aesthetic knowledge keeps Glow Laser and Beauty Centre a leading player in the market. Come and experience the latest aesthetic procedures meeting your requirements with expert guidance.