All beauty lovers across the globe want to stay for as long as possible. They wish for young, clear, and smooth skin even while they keep on aging. Many methods help in eliminating skin issues but very minimal of them induce natural results. Collagen Induction Therapy or micro-needling therapy is one such method to aid in getting natural-looking young skin. It is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation treatment that is considered safe when done under expert guidance.
What is Collagen induction therapy?
- Collagens are one of the most key and highly available proteins found in the human body that is responsible for retaining the strength and elasticity of the skin. As the body ages, there will be a slowdown in collagen production leading to the development of aging signs on the skin. Collagen induction therapy is a simple treatment that uses a derma-roller, to develop micro lesions on the skin to create actual micro-wounds. This measured injury activates the natural healing response of the body. Skin generates the healing response by developing collagens, resulting in the development of new skin cells making the skin look surprisingly smooth and healthy.
- The majority of patients have felt only a slight level of discomfort which is manageable with numbing cream that withstands the pain throughout the procedure. As the numbing cream shows its effects, the pen is rolled on the target region, with special care on the concerned region. It is key to know that micro-needling is not a fast remedy since this treatment stimulates the growth of new skin. It will require few months for the complete results of the treatment to be visible.
Is the Collagen induction therapy worth the pain?
- The automatic vibrating operation of the micro-needling pen enhances the impact of other skin treatments by stimulating the absorption of skin products along with decreasing pain and discomfort. Micro-needling can be employed on the face and other regions of the body and stimulate the production of new collagen for tight, smooth, and more even-toned skin. It has also shown positive effects work well to repair skin issues like wrinkles, enlarged pores, acne or surgical and stretch marks, etc.
- This treatment is mostly employed on the face, to treat scars, wrinkles, and large pores with an intent to develop new collagen and fresh skin tissues that give you natural-looking, firm, smooth and toned skin.
- This treatment is minimally invasive and proven highly safe for a majority of people who have good health in general and have minimal or no downtime. You may see some amount of redness and irritation for a maximum of two days after the treatment.
- The therapy is simple as the overall time for preparation and the actual procedure is only around two hours.
- Specific states have specific rules for performing this procedure. When done by an experienced skin specialist, it will take around four sessions to showcase natural and complete results.
- Your doctor will give you antiviral medicine to reduce the chance of infection especially if you have a history of such cases.
- They will also instruct you to stop using and retinoid products or blood thinners as they have the possibility of increased bleeding issues during the procedure.
- The procedure includes minimal pain but can be managed by the majority of people. Doctors will make use of a numbing gel to reduce the minimal discomfort that can be encountered during the treatment.
- It can take around an hour to finish this procedure relying on the target region and the skin condition.
- You should avoid using any kind of makeup or topical creams on the day of the treatment.
- The sessions must have a gap of at least 6 weeks between them to allow the formation of new collagen. As the skin turns red you have to give it ample time to recover.
The skin will show signs of redness, mild swelling, or bruising depending on the severity of the procedure. There may be some irritation which is similar to the sunburn effect. The swelling, redness, bruising, or irritation will be reduced generally in a couple of days as the face will turn pink in color. During these days, the doctor will suggest you protect yourself from the sun even for few more weeks after the treatment. The results will be starting to be visible after 2 weeks and may continue up to 8 months. Strictly follow the instructions and apply any antibiotic creams as suggested by your doctor. The results may be a bit slower, but natural in a long run.
Likely side effects:
- It will need few weeks to heal, relying on the severity of the treatment and this is completely natural.
- This treatment is recommended for people with active acne as it may cause severe infections in them.
- There may be some amount of pain and redness after the treatment but will subside in 2 to 3 days.
- The skin may feel stiff and flake during the healing process.
- Some aggressive and deep micro-needling treatments will lead to severe bleeding or bruising which will be controlled by your doctor.
- Micro-needling is usually not suggested for patients with keloids that are the scars that appear as big bubbles on the skin worsening the condition.
- As Micro-needling makes micro lesions in the skin, it provides a chance for infections if the equipment is not hygienic or you do not take proper care after the treatment.
The procedure is ideal for people who are scared about surgical procedures as micro-needling is only minimally invasive and can be managed by numbing creams. If you are looking to improve the flaws on the skin with natural procedures, then Collagen induction therapy is the best bet. But ensure to associate with experienced, qualified, and skilled skin specialists like Glow Laser and Beauty Centre who have talented a board-certified dermatologist, cosmetic surgeons, or plastic surgeons who strive to offer customized and natural-looking results.